Sunday, February 15, 2015

Switch



It's a different air I breathe;
New faces surround me & my heart is steady.
The kind of air that refreshes my soul, the individuals that glow.

It's the chase all over again.
The beginning of something new is always worth the excitement..
No, it never really gets old.

A bright light at the end of the tunnel,
very much like a refined hope.
A better me, a progressing me, that's what I seem to see.

The good switches: on
Joy, one I didn't know could mend loneliness.




Old faces, same likeness.
A heavy weight chained to my heart - drags.
You would've thought I'd be understood by now.

I'm not. They don't know me like they think they should know me.

Sparks of frustration, the nervous feelings - the bad kind.
I speak my inner thoughts, dismissed.

I switch: off


No comments:

Post a Comment