Friday, February 27, 2015

Second Home?


It's been two years, 7 months, 11 days since I was last here.
At that time, fresh from being 16 for about a month,
I left this home feeling loved, appreciated and expectant (to return the same).
I left with my heart whole, but a bucketful of tears and a whole jar of pictured memories.

Gone; time just flew:
sixteen I feel in love
seventeen we fell out of it
eighteen I learned about boys but haven't quite figured you
nineteen..

In 3 months and a bit.
Back, to two years, 7 months, 11 days.
A step back, so it seems, but I'm moving forward.

Time escalates ahead, but I'm looking back,
searching for where you would have been.

Gone, nowhere in sight.
A long time gone, two years ago.

Away from where we met, far away from the place I'm fond of;
Two days past, you're still here.
Here in my mind, here in my memories, here in my conversations, here in my piece.

Would've thought you were left back there,
would've thought I'd be over it by now,
would've thought you would know better,
would've thought, I would have thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment