Thursday, November 27, 2014

You


It's not what you think it is.
You don't always appear.

Just, y'know, sometimes.
Like nights where I feel lonely.

Nights like the ones you took me out.
Those nights seemed different..

I'm not stuck in our past, I think.
Cause when he asks if I miss you when I talk like I do, I say "I don't".

It's truth though; I probably don't.
Why? Because the me now can't possibly miss the you then.
Right?

I liked the way you made me feel like I was better, and more.

There were many things we liked about each other. But I didn't show it like I could.

People say I was mature for my age, but now that I look back, I felt like a child.

Never gave a second thought, never really doubted. 

This isn't about me though, it's about you.

Your friend(s) they talk like they know.
And I linger because it's the only thing I have of you.

Second attempts at what we had? Tempting, but a definite no.

I'd hope for a change with an extra thought to it, but that's if we've changed and are meant to be.

Another year will past, and what was will soon leave. And time, it seems to strip the worth of our memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment