Thursday, May 8, 2014

Healthy eating


Hallow pineapple!

So lately, like these few months (Probably start of March-present), I've been eating healthier!
I've been making my own healthy snacks/meals, and they're relatively simple and super easy - so thought I'd share them with ya!

1. Healthy dip with an apple and a celery!


Ingredients: For the dip- Plain yogurt, Peanut butter (Mine was chunky, but any would do), Chia seeds and cinnamon! OH, and of course, an apple or a celery! Or any other fruit/vege substitutes you may like/prefer!

*This serves exactly 1 apple and a part of a stick of celery - refer to photos

1. About 3-5 teapoons of plain yougurt (depending on your preferred portion)

2. 1 teaspoon of peanut butter!

3. 1 teaspoon (or less) of chia seeds

4. A dash of cinnamon powder

5. mix well, may require the 2 tspoons used from the yogurt and pb!

It's not exactly 1 stick of celery, it's like a part of 1 stick.

The result, can be eaten for lunch or as a snack! I find it very filling!

These are the exact ingredients I used!





 2. Banana and Peanut Butter on bread!


I think this is self-explanatory.

ingredients: wholemeal/wholegrain bread (It's healthier than white bread!), peanut butter and 1 banana!

steps:

1. Lay out your bread
2. Spread a generous amount of peanut butter on it
3. slice bananas with the knife used for your PB spread
4. lay them on top of your PB spread-ed bread
5. Bon appetit! Makes a filling breakfast/snack/meal!

3. Frozen blueberries covered in yogurt
(Inspired by pinterest!)

ingredients: blueberries and plain youghurt (Greek thick youghurt would be best!)

The needed utensils and ingredients.

1. Use a pair of chopsticks to pick your blueberry and dip it in yougurt

2. roll it around, try to cover it with as much yogurt as possible!



3. place it in a container to be refrigerated in the freezer for about 30 mins or >

TADA!

Frozen Blueberries covered in yogurt!
4. Baked pumpkin with a super simple salad

ingredients: pumpkin, garlic, salt & pepper, mixed herbs, olive butter, cinnamon powder, salad vege and eggs!

*serves 2 or a bit more people

1. place your cubed pumpkins in a baking bowl(?)

2. season it with salt & pepper, mixed herbs, a bit of olive butter, cinnamon powder, and add peeled and separated garlic cloves on it and bake for 30 mins until slightly brown

3. lay some vege on your plate you will use to serve

4. tada! Though I would've liked my garlic slightly browner

5. Poach eggs (i kinda failed like 3/4 of mine)

6. Lay them on top of the vege

Add your pumpkin, and dinner is served!

The end result!
5. The 2-ingredient healthy pancakes
(recipe from Blogilates)

The main ingredients

1. mash your banana, add an egg

2. mix and mash them together until it becomes a batter like so - kinda smooth and runny

3. Heat up your pan (non-stick would be best), I sprayed some butter cooking spray.
You could use butter, or any oil, up to you.

A wooden spatula and a rubber spatula would be very helpful!

I use a tablespoon to make my mini pacakes
In this whole process, this would probably be the most complicated part.
(Though generally the whole thing is super easy.)
 The batter isn't a lot, but because this works best if your pancake is mini, it takes awhile to cook and finish up your batter. So as you may know, by re-using the pan, it may leave slight burnt batter bits and a bit of dark oil, so what I do is use the plastic spatula to gently scrap off all the oil and what not to the sink/bin, and then re-spray the oil and you're good to go!

It's a bit hard to take photos while I'm cooking (wouldn't wanna burn up my pancakes), so I'll try my best to explain my frying process.

The wooden spatula comes in handy to stack my pancake batches and transfer them onto the plate.
The plastic spatula is to flip the pancakes and place them onto my other spatula.
So when I use a tablespoon to make a mini pancake, I would make around 4/5 at one go.
I flip them every few seconds, and using my plastic spatula on my right hand, and my wooden spatula on my left hand, I will stack the mini pancakes onto the brown spatula, then transfer them onto the plate.

Tada! The end result! Oh, and I added a few blueberries to some of the batter at the end.

If you'd like a healthy syrup ish thing for your pancakes...

2-3 tsp of  yogurt and 1 tsp of honey and mix well!

And you have healthy pancakes and syrup!

6. Healthy Study Roll

ingredients: tortilla wrap, peanut butter (mine was chunky), chia seeds, oatmeal, cinnamon powder and dark chocolate would be best!

1. Spread some peanut butter on your tortilla skin

2. Sprinkle some chia seeds and a dash of cinnamon powder

3. Throw in some oatmeal. You can add fruits, granola or anything you wish!

I used this dark chocolate

4. Lay about a row of dark chocolate in the middle
5. Microwave it in the oven for about 30-40 seconds, spread the chocolate across

6. Roll it

7. And cut it if you wish, or eat it like that.

8. Quick and healthy study snack
Personally, I didn't quite like this one, it was quite bitter for me - due to the dark chocolate, but I guess it's healthy and simple so yeah! It'd be great if there were sliced bananas, strawberries or blueberries...
but I thought of this last minute due to a shortage of other food so yup!

Until then, stay healthy and full! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment