Wednesday, March 2, 2016

When I was a kid

[ kid = 7-12 years of age ]

When I was a kid, I liked to drink soybean milk.
I was also rather passive, but brave.

When I was a kid, I cried because a boy chased me at school.
He practically bullied me by - well, the memory is a blur.
But I told daddy straight after school, and he turned the car back.
Daddy grabbed the boy at the collar and threatened him to stay away from us.
The principal said '先生,先生,请冷静' which translates to 'Sir, Sir, Please calm down.'

When I was a kid, I moved to KL - the capital city of Malaysia.
I was homeschooled after going to a public Chinese school for (almost) two years.

When I was a kid, I had the greatest imagination.
I turned my attic into a playroom, an imaginary kingdom,
a country, a partial kitchen and bedroom.

I assigned myself as president,
and Esther as an ambassador, of course.

When I was a kid, I really liked the colour pink.
I really liked lovely things. I also admired pretty girls.
I loved wearing dresses;
to bed was a beautiful ombre princess Ariel dress.
to bike was a checkered Winnie the Pooh dress.
to school was all the heavy beautiful dresses I owned.

When I was a kid, I started knowing about the birds & the bees from mummy.
I also developed a distinctive paranoia with safety and awareness.
I would set 'traps' in my room before bed, just incase a bad guy were to come in.

When I was a kid, I trained to be a princess.
At home, I would balance a book on my head - because all princesses have good postures.
I would also eat any food that was considered 'expensive' and whatever that made my skin beautiful.

When I was a kid, I hated piano.
I remembered secretly cursing my piano teacher, because she knocked my head with a pencil.

When I was a kid, people said I was bossy.
They said I was mean. Some of them preferred my sisters over me.

When I was a kid, I was very vain.
I focused a lot on outward beauty;
And vainness in a little girl's hands is never a good thing.

When I was a kid, I liked a boy named Daniel.
I also liked another Daniel. I liked a Dylan too.
Oh, and a David.
The names starting with a 'd' was just quite attractive, or so it seems.

When I was a kid, I had my first pet.
Her name was Sherbie, and she was the cutest guinea pig I have ever owned;
the only one too, as a matter of fact.

When I was a kid, I dreamt of a room full of cats attacking me.
They were biting me, and would never let go.
I also heard 2 cats fighting in my neighbourhood,
and saw a beautiful white cat bleeding..
Since then, I feared cats.

When I was a kid, I moved to New Zealand.
I asked a lot of questions to my new friends.
They thought that was rather weird.

When I was a kid, I had the biggest crush on the cutest boy in my year.
He swore at me, but I still thought he was pretty awesome.

When I was a kid, I made good friends.
They were good friends to me, but bad friends to others.
Soon enough, I became meaner than I was.
I teased people and called people 'ugly',
but I was oblivious to the fact that I was the ugly one.

When I was a kid, I started swearing. I started envying.
I started bullying. I started a doomed cycle of a pre-teen.

When I was a kid, I acted exactly like a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment