Saturday, September 7, 2013

Cabbage Soup Diet - Day 1


HI pumpkins.


It's September! Wooooohoo. Time pasts so quickly, it's crazy. I'm not even sure whether it's a good thing or not, but boy, does time fly. Is it just me, or is it something about the start of a new month that makes you feel like changing your life? Because heck, that's me every month.

And omg I. Have. Been. Craving. Eggtarts. For. The. Last. One. Month. Like Maan they taste amazing. They even look like sunshine.

So anyways, today I'm starting my first day of the Cabbage Soup Diet.
It lasts for only a week, and it is rumoured to help you lose weight fast.

The website for all the information is here.

So I'm doing a little tweak to this diet, because I know for one that I can't follow it exactly.

They have a 7 day plan which we have to follow, and the first day one is this;

Day One:

Fruit: Eat all of the fruit you want (except bananas). Eat only your soup and the fruit for the first day. For drinks- unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water.
I'm actually not sure if we can eat other things, I guess we can't... but I kinda cheated on the first day :C oops. So yea, for today, this is what I ate:

Breakfast : A bowl of cereal with fullcream/skim milk.
Morning tea : 2 apples
Lunch : A bowl of cabbage soup
Tea : An apple. A huge bowl of cabbage soup
Beverages : 8 glasses of water, a quarter cup of soy milk and one mug of vege juice (lettuce, apples, oranges, carrots)

So I'll be updating my progress here; and fingers cross, I'll lose just as much weight as what most of the reviews were :)

OH. the tweak that I mention, I am skipping a meal a day. So it's not recommended since they call it cheating, but I'm gonna do that because I'm still on my 40 day fast. AND, I will be eating cereal for breakfast anywaaaays, cause it's fast, filling and convenient for me. So those are 2 things I'm breaking.

For my cabbage soup:

I cooked like a tiny pot of cabbage soup for myself.

And I ate a bowl of cabbage soup for lunch.

They have a list of ingredients required/recommended for the cabbage soup on the website, but I sorta cut mine down by a whole lot because I don't think it's necessary.

So last night, I spent like an hour juicing, washing 2 cabbages and carrots, cutting them up into smaller pieces, and re-washing them. Yes, it took me an hour altogether.

So for my soup, I added maybe a handful of cabbages, slightly more perhaps? A few pieces of carrots, like more than 5? 2 small tomatoes, and a bit of abalone mushrooms. Not like the button or chinese ones.

I filled like perhaps 4 or 5 cups of water.

For seasoning, I used a bit of garlic powder, barely, I'd think. And a quarter of chicken stock.

I let it boil until I think my vegetables have died like my tomatoes were peeling. haha. OH, and have your carrots like yaknow, soft and all. Then I think it should be done by then.

So actually it didn't taste too bad. It reminded me alot of the ABC vegetable soup my mum made when I was younger. I didn't like that soup. And actually, I really didn't like tomatoes or cabbages. HM.

I was really hungry at lunch, and I watched my dad eat beaufort mee, my grandma eating char sau egg and vege; then coming home to the smell of chicken pasta which my sister made, and I tried like a spoon, and it probably tastes a whole lot heavenly compared to my plain ol' vegetable soup....

But I'm still determined :D so after lunch, I took a nap, and I woke up having a sudden craving for chips or dark chocolate. MAN I was craving real food. And actually, eggtarts. Like. the. whole. day. If only eggtarts had delivery :(

OH. And I'm planning to cut desserts while I'm doing this diet thing so yeaaaaa :(

So during tea, I managed to finish the remaining of my soup, which was actually a huge bowl. And I added like three tablespoons of macaroni cause I just couldn't stand it. #strike3 haha 



But I held back from eating any sweet stuff, no matter how good eggtarts were to taste, or the chips staring at me. I persevered! 

Oh, so my current weight is 47-48kgs. 
I think I'll weigh myself daily now just to see if there are any changes.

Anywaaaays, so that's it for tonight! Goodnight :)

OH And these are three Polaroids I got to keep from Saturday! with these awesome guys; Sam, Isaac, how Uei and Nathan :)




No comments:

Post a Comment